Follow by Email

Search This Blog

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Gearing up for Halloween - The Halloweening of My "Studio" Part 1

After scouring bookstores for the Fall 2010 issue of Cloth Paper Scissors Studios magazine, I managed to get my little hands on one. This issue was of particular interest to me because it featured some well-known Halloween artists. I got to peek into their workspaces!

I was so inspired and full of ideas after very nearly memorizing all of the great pictures, I decided that my own work area needed some sprucing. I am a visual person, and for inspiration (and to keep my ideas in order!) I need pictures and things within view when I am working.

And since my main loves are Dia de los Muertos and Halloween, I figured I needed some eye candy!

Time to liberate my poor Halloween decorations (or at least SOME of them - I have three HUGE boxes of them!).

I am really BAD at taking "before" pictures, but these corner shelves were white components from Michaels:

My hand-painted pedestal on the very top shelf:


A closeup of the first shelf, with my prized Johanna Parker JoL smack in the center:

The fourth shelf, with my skully bouquet I made originally for work:

And finally, the bottom shelf, with my first painted pedestal:

I was so struck by painting fever that I attacked these poor mini canvases and easels:


Stay tuned! The white shelves and cupboard will be next!

8 comments:

  1. What a hoot! It looks wonderful. You are one obsessive crazy lady! HAHAHA!!!

    That skull bouquet is fun... in a very bone-yard way!

    I am so glad to have come across your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! thanks, Len! and thank you for following my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fantastic! Hopefully your crown will fit in there as well! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll make room for it! I'm hoping to be able to wear it as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharon, Wow! I love the decorations. The skull bouquet is cool and I love the pedestal and mini canvases awesome!Your package will be coming soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sharon, I didn't receive your emails, but I am sending out your goodies today - just wanted to let you know. Thanks for visiting with us on Trick or Treat Street.
    Kind regards, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! I got your page to load at work!
    This is sooo awesome, Sharon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want one! Can't believe these were from Michael's! You do amazing work. Have a fabulous New Year!
    Take Care,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete